Saturday, January 3, 2009

accident

Well, I was nice and comfy in my chair reading my great book by Francine Rivers, when the phone rang. Noah ran to answer it and it was Dave. Noah said hi and immediately handed the phone to me. When I said hello noone responded back all I could hear was Dave saying, "Jacob, are you alright? Are you alright?" I started to yell to Dave to answer me but he didn't. Finally he said, "We just got in an accident, some guy blew the light and took off the front end". My stomach went into my throat and my heart threatened to stop beating. This was a phone call I hoped never to get. I asked him again if Jacob was okay and he said he was. He said he was fine too and asked me to pick him up from M57 and the Beltline.

After I hung up I shouted to Micah and Noah to get their coats on and get in the car. We sped out to the intersection and even beat the police officers there. Dave ended up getting the ticket and I am pretty sure the van is totaled. I am just thankful no people were hurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment